Terms and Conditions
- Must have completed a Rider Registration Form before riding a horse.
- Must resubmit their Rider Registration Form if their details change. (the responsibility falls to the Parent/Guardian if the child is under 18).
- We reserve the right to refuse you to ride a particular horse/pony if we feel that the safety of the rider or horse is in question.
- You reserve the right to change to another horse/ pony, providing one is available, and it is practical and safe to do so.
- You also have the right to request another Instructor subject to availability.
- You may book a Horse/Pony of your choice subject to availability. No guarantees will be made but we will do our best to make sure your preferred horse/pony is available for your lesson.
Punctuality and Arrival Times:
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before the start of the lesson/hack/activity to allow time for the previous ride to finish. We will have enough time for hat fitting, payment and completion of rider registration forms.
- If you are late, we unfortunately cannot make that time up as other clients will be waiting for their lessons to start on time.
- If we are late for whatever reason we will make up your lesson/hack time.
- All persons must enter through reception
- It is strongly recommended that new clients have an Assessment/Introduction Lesson before booking anything else. This allows us to ascertain your riding level.
- All Clients Rules Apply.
- If you’ve not been riding with us for a year or more. We reserve the right to ask you to complete another Assessment Lesson.
- All Clients Rules Apply.
- All Bookings Require Payment in Advance by cash/debit/credit card or BACS. It is a condition of booking that you accept our No Refund Policy.
- If you fail to turn up, you will be required to pay in full.
- Late payments: Payments for the monthly subscriptions are due on the 1st of every month. Late payments will incur a late payment fee of £25. It is therefore advised customers set up a standing order in order to not miss deadlines.
- We operate a No Refund Policy. This is a condition of booking.
- No Credit or Transfers are Given for late cancellations.
- Late Cancellations = Less than 24 hours notice.
- SUBSCRIPTIONS – WEEKEND MONTHLY CLUBS: Cancellations must be made no less than 2 weeks in advance or a charge of £50 will apply.
Instructors reserve the right to refuse to teach a client for any reason.
Bad Weather or Conditions:
- Activities might be cancelled in extreme weather.
- You should call us before you leave for the centre if the weather is in doubt.
- We reserve the right to cancel riding because of bad weather at any time. Managements decision is final.
- If riding is cancelled we will offer one catch up session on a specified day and time.
- If the weather is too severe for riding we may offer a non ridden stable management lesson
Vouchers Purchases and Redemption:
It’s a condition of purchase that:
- The intended rider has no Medical conditions that require doctors approval.
- The intended rider meets our Weight Guidelines: Maximum Weight 13 Stone (82kg)
- The Purchaser and Intended rider acknowledge and agree to our Standard Terms and Conditions.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
Safety Equipment and Riding Wear:
- P.P.E (Personal Protective Equipment): Every time you handle a horse you are required to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Riding Helmets:
1. Hats (all types): Should be PAS015 or other approved standard.
2. Must be worn and fastened at all times while riding a horse.
3. Must be worn and fastened at all times while handling a horse.
4. We strongly advise all customers to purchase their own helmet as soon as possible.
5. We recommend against purchasing second hand riding helmets in case they have been damaged.
6. We do not allow cameras or devises to be attached to helmets.
- We can provide body protectors but strongly advise customers to purchase their own as soon as possble.
- We recommend you wear one whenever riding.
- This is especially important if you take part in jumping classes.
- Clients must wear appropriate footwear while riding.
- Allowed Footwear:
1. Jodphur Boots
2. Riding Boots
- Disallowed Footwear:
2. High Heels
4. Hiking Boots
- We reserve the right to refuse footwear we deem unsafe
- We recommend toe protection whenever handling a horse. Closed toe footwear should be worn on the yards.
- You should not wear jewellery of any kind, anything you wear you do so at your own risk.
- It’s the parents responsibility to check their child isn’t wearing jewellery.
In order to safeguard the health of our animals you must not enter our premises if you have come into contact with animals at risk of spreading any notifiable or contagious diseases. Only healthy dogs and horses may be brought onto the premises.
Extra Visitors and/or Friends of the Family
- Children must be supervised at all times by a legally responsible person.
- Parents are advised not to leave your children unattended at any time during their stay at Pony Dayz.
- If spectating in the gallery, please remain as quiet as possible, and in full view of the horses/ponies & Instructor at all times.
- Whilst spectating, the Instructor reserves the right to ask you to leave the School if they feel the safety of the rider or horse/pony is in question.
- Young Children: Must be supervised at all times by a responsible person and remain quiet while lessons are in progress and not to run around.
- No running is permitted on the yard.
Movement of Horses & ponies and Farm Equipment
Happens around the yard and surrounding areas is unavoidable and we ask you to give way to them at all times.
Out of Bounds:
- There are No Entry signs and notices posted around the facility, you must acknowledge and obey them, ignoring them is at your own risk.
- The following locations are Out of Bounds without written permission from management, you must not enter them and you do so at your own risk:
1. Fenced off areas including but not limited to:
2. Hay Barn
3. Sheds or other Buildings.
4. Fields or Paddocks.
5. House/Cottage and it’s Grounds.
6. Locked/Closed/Enclosed Areas or Buildings
We have many different warning signs all over the grounds, they are there for a reason, you must obey them. We reserve the right to ask you to leave the grounds at any time if we think you are a danger to yourself.
We have a Strict No Smoking Policy, if you are caught you will be asked to leave.
No Pets allowed
All animals are unpredictable, Do Not Feed the Horses & Ponies at any time. Don’t enter any field, box or make contact with a Horse or Pony at any time, without prior authorisation from a member of Management.
We cannot be held responsible for any damage to your transportation while on the premises/grounds.
We cannot be held responsible for Damage, Theft or Loss of your personal property while it’s on the premises.
- Park only in the designated public car park not in the staff car park.
- Take extreme care due to the uneven surface.
- Walking through the car park is entirely at your own risk.
- Maximum Speed on the premises is 5 mph.
Riding is a risk sport
The riding school will make decisions based on the information given to them. All riders must obey the instructions of the instructor at all times and must comply with the Health and Safety rules of Pony Dayz Riding at any standard has inherent risk and all horses may react unpredictably on occasions.
Riders under 16 years of age:
The parent/Guardian of any child must confirm that the pre-assessed abilities are correct. They must accept that riding is a risk sport and that their child could fall or be injured. Parents/guardians must understand that children are at particular risk around horses and agree that they will keep any children they are responsible for, under close supervision when they are not being instructed by the riding school.
Pony Dayz, Owners, Staff and volunteers cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to any persons or their property whilst on these premises or whilst out hacking, eventing or showing.
Agreement of Terms
Terms and Conditions must be agreed to, if they are not, then they do not have permission to enter the premises and any bookings are null and void. Our no Cancellation Policy applies in this situation as well because our Terms and Conditions are available online and on request at any time. As such they have every opportunity to read them before booking any activity and a refund will not be available on failure to accept them.